Real Madrid will sign River Plate striker Gonzalo Higuain and Boca Juniors midfielder Fernando Gago during the January transfer window, club president Ramon Calderon said on late on Tuesday.
Higuain and Gago would follow 18-year-old Brazil left back Marcelo, who joined the Spanish club from Fluminense on Tuesday and is intended as an eventual replacement for Roberto Carlos. Calderon has said he aims to rejuvenate Madrid's squad, which has a sizable group of players over 30, including Carlos, Ronaldo, David Beckham, Fabio Cannavaro and Ruud van Nistelrooy. Higuain's father recently said Madrid had offered euro 10 million ($12.82 million) for the 18-year-old.
The striker last week turned down a call-up for France saying he wasn't ready to decide on his international future. He is also eligible to play for Argentina.
Gago, 20, has been compared with his compatriot, former Argentina midfielder Fernando Redondo, who won the European Champions League in 1998 and 2000 with Madrid.
According to reports last weekend, Madrid is ready to pay euro15 million ($19.2 million) for Gago.
Calderon also said on Tuesday that Madrid has agreed to sell its TV rights for euro800 million ($1,024 million) in a seven-year deal. He didn't disclose the buyer, saying the club would give details in the next few days.