* 500 grams sesame seeds (til)
* 1-1/2 cups powdered jaggery (gud)
* 1 tbsp ghee
1. Wash and roast the sesame seeds.
2. Melt the jaggery and add the roasted sesame seeds to it. Cook.
3. Once the jaggery starts to firm up, remove from fire and let it cool a little.
4. Grease your palms with some ghee and shape the mixture into ladoos.
Til aur nariyal ki barfi
* 2 cups sesame seed
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 cup peanuts (skinless)
* 1/2 cup grated dry coconut
1. Wash and roast the sesame seeds and peanuts separately.
2. Grind the peanuts into a fine powder.
3. Now grind the sesame seeds coarsely and mix it with the peanuts.
4. Put the sesame seeds and the peanuts mixture in the
and add the sugar. Stir continuously until it no longer sticks to the edge.
5. Spread the hot mixture on to a greased tray and sprinkle the grated coconut on it. Let it cool.
6. Cut into squares or diamonds.
* 2 cups sticky rice
* 1 cup jaggery
*1/2 cup sesame seeds
* 4 cups water
1. Wash and soak the rice in water for three to fours hours.
2. Drain water and grind it. Add water if required to make a pancake batter consistency.
3. Roast sesame seeds and coarsely grind them.
4. Powder the jaggery and
combine it with the sesame seeds.
5. Heat a tawa and spread the rice batter over it like a
6. Slow roast. Once it is firm, put the stuffing of jaggery and sesame mixture in its middle.
7. Fold its sides to cover the stuffing.
8. Turn it over and heat lightly before taking it off from the fire. Ensure that jaggery doesn’t melt and flow out.
* 2 cups sesame seeds
* 150 gms sugar
* 7-8 pista, thinly sliced
1. Roast sesame seeds.
2. Melt sugar in a pan, add roasted sesame seeds and mix.
3. Keep this pan in a large bowl of hot water.
4. Place a plastic sheet on a smooth surface and grease.
5. Place a little hot mix on the sheet and roll it thin.
6. Sprinkle with few slices of pista on top.
7. Roll quickly. Allow it to cool.
8. Separate with plastic sheets.