Refreshing cocktails to keep you cool
How about a combination of squeezed lemon juice or cucumber slices to keep you fresh this summer? Try these refreshing beverages that can be easily prepared at home.india Updated: Apr 16, 2010 01:46 IST
2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1 Cup
1/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
4 1/4-inch-thick cucumber slices
3 lemon wheels
1 orange wheel
1/4 apple, cut into chunks
6 thin slices of pear
6 ounces ginger ale
1. Place Pimm’s No. 1 Cup, lemon juice and all of the fruit into a 16-ounce glass.
2. Add ice to fill and ginger ale, and stir lightly.
3. Garnish with a cucumber slice and a mint sprig.
A dash of simple syrup
1 1/4 ounces cachaca
A dash of soda water
1. Slice the lime into eighths and muddle with simple syrup.
2. Add ice and top with a dash of soda water.
3. Garnish with the lime you used.
1 1/2 ounces of gin
2 teaspoons of superfine sugar
1 1/2 ounces of lemon juice
4 ounces of chilled champagne
1 orange slice
1 maraschino cherry
1. In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine gin, sugar and lemon juice. Shake well.
2. Pour into a Collins glass and top with the champagne. Stir well and garnish with orange slice and the cherry.