Spain's Fernando Alonso and the Renault Formula One team were cleared to compete in this weekend's European Grand Prix in Valencia after winning an appeal against a one-race ban on Monday.
The governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) said in a statement that the suspension had been replaced by a reprimand and fine of $50,000.
Earlier on Monday, the Renault team argued that the ban was “excessive and unfair.”
Renault lawyer Ali Malek had told four judges at a hearing of the governing FIA's court of appeal in Paris that the sanction against the F1 team should not have been made. "This case does not deserve more than a reprimand," he had said.