The men who allegedly raped Scarlett Keeling, the 15-year-old Briton who was later murdered last February, might have fled the state, said the owner of the shack at which the men worked.
HT revealed on Monday that three days before she was killed on February 18 last year, Scarlett had sent e-mails to a Spanish friend claiming she had been raped by six men, all Indians. The e-mails, of which HT has copies, revealed the names of the culprits.
“Many of my staffers now are new. Most of the old ones are gone,” Edwin Nunes, owner of the shack ‘Curlies’ told HT. Scarlett’s mail alleged that some employees at Curlies had made her watch pornographic images on their mobile phones, after which they had raped her.
Nunes refused to reveal any contact details of the former employees, claiming they had no fixed address. “I’m cooperating with the CBI,” he said.