Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Scholarship Terms and Conditionsindia Updated: Jan 04, 2011 14:04 IST
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/ OF THE ‘HINDUSTAN TIMES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2010“(HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. Period of the Scholarship program : Start Date Dec 20th, End Date Feb 3rd or 4th week and is open for Indian nationals residing in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane regions only. Students of classes 5th to 9th, who have scored more than 60% in their last year’s final examination, are eligible for certification and scholarships. Students can participate in the Scholarship Program by filling the nomination forms.
2. HT Media Ltd shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry. HT Media Ltd does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries. The successful students shall be selected as per the details filled in the nomination forms submitted by them. There will be 50 Successful students for the scholarship program who will be selected to receive the scholarship money.
3. The selection for the Scholarship Program will be based on participant's assessment in essay, followed by an interview session of each eligible students taken by HTML panelist.
4. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of the scholarship money/ selection of Successful students, the decision of HTML shall be final and binding on all concerned. The successful students will be intimated by HT Media Ltd.
5. The scholarship money shall be given to the Successful students on production of valid documents for Photo and ID proof. The successful students may be required to get the Terms and Conditions signed by their Parents/guardian before accepting the scholarship money. Any failure on the part of the Successful students to comply with directions issued by HTML, shall entitle HTML, in its own discretion to cancel and forfeit the scholarship money for the said Successful students and then the same scholarship money will be given to the next chosen successful students.
6. The successful students may collect the scholarship money from HT Media Ltd’s Mumbai office on intimation. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the program on the due date for the scholarship moneys, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing successful students of the respective scholarship money draws arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business.
7. All the costs and expenses for collecting the scholarship money will be borne solely by the successful students and HTML shall not entertain any claim, whatsoever. The successful students are solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the offer.
8. The scholarship money shall be non-transferable, non-negotiable and no such request shall be entertained by HTML. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, HTML reserves the sole right to offer alternative scholarship money of the same value.
9. Employees of HTML and its affiliates/subsidiaries, sponsors of the scholarship moneys, associated agencies, participating operators and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this scholarship program.
10. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants while participating in the Scholarship program.
11. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
12. The Scholarship program shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the scholarship program and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
13. All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
14. HTML, in its absolute discretion reserves the right at anytime, without giving any previous notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the Scholarship program .
15. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Program and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent as permitted by law.
16. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/successful students waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the Program
17. Participants/successful students may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/successful students.
18. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/successful student’s name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this Program, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a successful students has been chosen to receive the scholarship Program
19. Apart from the above-mentioned scholarship money/s, nothing else will be provided to the successful students. All applicable taxes, levies, cesses, insurances, transfers and other expenses, if any, will have to be borne and paid by the successful students.
20. All scholarship moneys shall be claimed by the Successful students, accompanied with documents specified herein below, from HTML within 60 days from the date of announcement of the successful students. The documents required to be submitted along with the claim by the successful students include the following (the document list is only indicative and not exhaustive and HTML shall be entitled to request the participant to produce such other document/s from the Successful students as it may deem fit to its sole and absolute satisfaction:
• Identity Proof • Address Proof • PAN Card (of the Parent/guardian) • Signed copy of this terms and conditions of the Parent/guardian
21. HTML at its sole discretion may also waive production of any of the aforesaid documents.
22. If the Successful students fail to claim their scholarship moneys or submit the aforesaid documents to claim the scholarship money within 60 days from the date of availability of the successful students’ details, then HTML reserves the right to forfeit such unclaimed scholarship moneys.
23. The offer in this scholarship program cannot be used in conjunction with any alternative offer or promotion.
24. The successful students shall be responsible to keep in safe custody the intimation letter and/or confirmations given/ issued to him by HTML. In case of loss or damage or theft of the same, HTML reserves the right to issue duplicate(s) subject to such verifications and/or on such other term/s as it may desire.
25. HTML reserves the right to change/modify/amend the terms and conditions of the Scholarship money at any time at its sole discretion.
26. HTML, its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the successful students or any third party, whether in connection with this scholarship program , or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
27. HTML, its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the scholarship program including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or the failure to provide the correct Scholarship program score updates or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, HTML shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which are beyond the control of HTML or its vendors.
28. This scholarship program is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond the control of HTML.
29. The scholarship program is valid subject to the successful students complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as required by HTML. Any failure on the part of the Participant to comply with the any specified term, condition and/or formality shall render the participant liable for disqualification at the sole discretion of HTML.
30. HTML reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this offer or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria, at its sole discretion at anytime during it’s validity.
31. Participation in the scholarship program implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the scholarship program.