Sevanthi Sevanthi is the film of the fortnight. It has scored over other films by successfully penetrating into semi-urban and rural centres.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. Sevanthi Sevanthi - The film's success is attributed mainly to its folksy songs and Ramya's popularity among the young.
2. Datta - The Darshan-Ramya starrer will soon complete 50 days in many centres. The film, which had a good opening, has stabilised its collections in city centres.
3. My Autograph - Actor Sudeep's first directorial venture has already been declared a big hit. It has done well in all centres and may complete 175 days in Bangalore and Mysore. The Rs 30 million film is expected to do business of Rs 60 million.
4. Chellaata - The success of the film, though it is far from star-studded, has surprised trade pundits in the industry. Featuring 'Comedy Time' Ganesh, the remake of a Malayalam film has proved a laugh riot for appreciative audiences across Karnataka.
5. Tirupati - This Sudeep-starrer has had a good opening, but the collections are going down in the second week. The film's huge opening was expected because Sudeep was playing a cop for the first time. The action film may recover the cost for its producer, but more was expected from Shivamani who has directed it.