Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has filed an appeal against his two-year ban for doping.
"We have received Shoaib's appeal today which was the last date for filing appeals," a PCB official said on Wednesday.
A drugs inquiry tribunal last month banned Shoaib for two years and fellow fast bowler Mohammad Asif for one year for testing positive for the banned steroid nandrolone.
Asif told Reuters on Monday that he had launched an appeal.
"Shoaib has intimated to us that he intends to contest the ban and wants his appeal to be heard by the appeals tribunal as soon as possible," the official said.
The board has constituted an appeals tribunal headed by a former judge, Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim, and including former test player Hasib Ahsan and a sports medicine doctor.
"The tribunal will now inform the players of their date of hearing. It is up to the tribunal to decide the time period to dispense with the appeals," he said.
Sources close to Shoaib indicated he had filed the appeal through a reputed law firm after consulting anti-doping specialists abroad.
The career of the 31-year-old Shoaib, who has played 42 Tests and 133 one-dayers, could be over if his appeal fails.