Gas leakage and subsequent fire caused burn injuries to over half a dozen persons in Faridabad's NH3 area late on Tuesday night.
The incident occurred at 9.30 p.m. on Tuesday, when some labourers from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh, residing in NH 3 area under SGM Nagar Police station, had gone to refill small LPG cylinders in a local market.
When the shopkeepers, dealing in electronic devices, started filling gas from the big cylinder to the small one, the gas started leaking.
“When the gas was leaking, some one lit a match, which caused fire in which about six persons were injured,” Vijay Kumar, SHO SGM Nagar said, adding, “A case has been registered in this connection.”
The victims were rushed to a private hospital where their condition is stated to be stable.
The victims have been identified as Sunil, Kanya, Sonu, Rohit, Radheyshyam and others.
“Whether the shopkeeper was illegally filling gas is also being verified,” SHO said.
The shopkeeper, who has been identified as Bhavnesh, also received burn injuries.