Along with the tragic civilian tool, the 26/11 terror attacks also adversely affected sports. We list the popular events that were hit by the Mumbai terror attacks.
* Two-time Formula One champion Mika Hakkinen, who was to arrive in the city on the morning of November 27, was redirected to Dubai. The Finn was scheduled to drive a McLaren F1 car on the streets of Mumbai on November 30. But the event was cancelled.
* The inaugural T20 Champions League, which was to be held in India, was cancelled
* India cancelled their tour of Pakistan, which was to be held early in 2009
* Ranji Trophy matches in Mumbai were postponed by three days following the attacks
* Though the England cricket team arrived for the Test series later in December, two of their 50-over one-day international matches were abandoned
* The 11th round I-League football matches to be played at the Cooperage ground over the weekend were cancelled and held at a later date
* All the MSSA (Mumbai School Sports Association) inter-school football, hockey and cricket matches for the week were cancelled
* The Australian Davis Cup team, led by the vocal protests of Lleyton Hewitt, refused to tour India for the third round of the Asia-Oceania tie in Chennai. The Aussies cited security as a concern even though the tie was scheduled more than five months after the Mumbai attacks.