Sri Ramadasu still top Telugu film
Nagarjuna's performance and Keeravani's lilting music keep it going.india Updated: Apr 21, 2006 11:52 IST
After a terrific opening, Nagarjuna's devotional saga Sri Ramadasu may be sliding a bit in B and C centres, but the film still holds firm to the number one slot.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. Sri Ramadasu - Nagarjuna's performance and Keeravani's lilting music keep it going with the help of an aggressive promotion campaign.
2. Ranam - Eetharam Films has gifted Gopichand a hat-trick with this hit flick. Fun-driven narration and Mani Sharma's foot-tapping score have made it a winner.
3. Devadasu - YVS. Choudury's love story surprised all and sundry by picking up its box office collections a few weeks after the release. And it is doing better as it heads towards its 100th day. Besides launching Illeana, the film may also revive the genre of musicals.
4. Laxmi - Director Vinayak's winning streak continues. Venkatesh proves his mettle in an action role yet again.
5. Premante Inthe: Producer Ravi Kishore dishes out another feel good entertainer, but flop pair Navdeep and Poonam could dent its chances.