Suspended Madhya Pradesh bowler TP Sudhindra, caught in a sting allegedly agreeing to bowl no-ball for money, is still waiting for a call from the cricket board to give his version of the entire controversy.
Though the BCCI's anti-corruption investigator, Ravi Sawani, has interviewed the other four players suspended in the wake of the TV expose, Sudhindra claims he hasn't heard from the BCCI or his home association, Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association. The medium pacer, who claims he is innocent, said the sting operation did not present the correct picture.
"Whatever was shown in the sting operation was half truth. I too haven't seen the complete footage, but whatever I have seen did not reflect the true picture," Sudhindra told HT.
The highest wicket-taker in the last Ranji Trophy season had gone into hiding as soon as the channel telecast the sting operation. But now he is ready to take on his accusers.
"I was not in a condition to speak then, but now I am waiting for my turn to appear before the BCCI. I'm sure they will listen to my side as whatever was shown was not completely true," said the pacer. "I haven't been called by the board so far, but will present my case when I'm asked." The five cricketers, from Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Goa, were caught on camera talking to the undercover TV reporters. One claimed that his franchise was paying much more than his entitlement and in black money, another about intentionally bowling no-balls for money while another suggested spot-fixing took place in the IPL.
While Sudhindra had not watched television in the last few days, a number of other domestic cricketers were glued to the TV to know what was happening to Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell, who were detained after a raid at a rave party in Mumbai on Sunday.
The incident has once again brought into focus the after parties in the cash-rich league, though they have been officially discontinued by the IPL.
A fringe player told HT on Monday that it was the India stars and foreign players who were part of the parties.
"Parties are an integral part of the IPL but they are meant only for seniors, not for us," said a domestic player, who played with Mumbai Indians in the first season. "We used to avoid parties as we believed it would send a wrong message to seniors."
Another player, who was with Deccan Chargers in the second season, said: "Big names, especially overseas players, used to attend such parties."