India Formula One driver Adrian Sutil will stand trial this month on charges of causing bodily harm in relation to a nightclub fracas in China last April, a Munich court said on Friday.
The German, who has yet to find a race seat this year but has been linked to Williams, is charged with attacking and injuring Eric Lux, chief executive of Renault
F1 team owners Genii Capital in a Shanghai nightclub after the Chinese Grand Prix last year.
The Renault team has since been renamed Lotus. Force India have already announced Germany's Nico Hulkenberg as Sutil's replacement. Sutil had at the time issued a statement of apology for injuring the Luxembourg-based chief executive. A court spokeswoman said two trial days had been set for Jan 30 and 31.