01. Yuvraj Singh: For simply being the most outstanding Indian cricketer of the year, be it one-dayers, the T20 or even Test matches and ensuring 2007 was his best year ever.
02. M.S. Dhoni: For displaying rare guts, courage and freshness in leading his team so admirably and making India the T20 World Cup champions, much against expectations.
03. Vishwanathan Anand: For being one of the rare Indians to become the undisputed world champion in a sport and making chess a popular sport in India.
04. Sania Mirza: For achieving a record high ranking in world tennis and becoming one of the most feared players on the circuit.
05. Jyoti Randhawa: For becoming only the second man in the world to win the Indian open thrice and being the most consistent Indian golf player of 2007.
06. Saurav Ganguly: For scripting the ultimate comeback tale in Indian cricket and silencing every single critic he had post his ouster from the Indian team.