Terms & Conditions for The Re 1 contest
1. This Contest will be governed by these standard terms and conditions, and accompanying Contest Details (collectively the "Terms"). Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and by their participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms.
2. The Organiser of the Contest is HT Media Limited (HT Media Limited, 18-20, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110001) ("Organiser") which shall be solely responsible for the execution and administration of this Contest.
3. Entrants may participate in the Contest by accessing the HT @ Re 1 edition and answer simple questions. There is no fee to enter the Contest, however SMS charges are applicable.
4. The Contest shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated timeframe of 13 weeks.
5. This Contest is only open to all legal residents of Delhi-NCR regions.
6. The following categories of persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees (including their immediate families) of Organiser and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorised dealers/distributors, agents; suppliers of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Contest. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) do not contravene any local laws or regulations. This Contest shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law. "Immediate family" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
7. Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or incorrect entries or any entry which violates the Terms, will automatically be disqualified. Entries received after the Closing Date will be disqualified.
8. The Organiser will not accept any responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, or undelivered. The Organiser shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks to the Contest.
9. Unless otherwise specified in the Contest Details, entrants may not submit more than one (1) entry.
10. The Organiser’s representatives or appointed judges will select the winner(s) from amongst all eligible and/or correctly-answered entries (each referred to as a "Winner") by random selection (for lucky draws or games of chance). The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained. Winners will be notified via telephone (used for submission of the answers), confirming their Prize and providing details on how to acknowledge and collect the Prize. In the event that the Organiser cannot for any reason obtain the Winner’s acknowledgement within twenty four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at its sole discretion.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at any time, where the Organiser has reasonable grounds for believing that the initially selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative Winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner.
12. The prize will not be transferable to another person. The Organiser reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner it deems fit.
13. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Organiser's control, the Organiser is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Organisers’ sole discretion. A Prize may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the prize supplier. More details on the collection of the Prize will be given to the respective Winner(s) at a later stage.
14. Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute consent on the Winner's part, to allow the use of the Winner’s entry, names, images, video footage, voices and/or likeness by the Organiser for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes, without further compensation, in any media for an unlimited period of time, except where prohibited by law.
15. Any personal information, including without limitation, the entrant's name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this Contest and for any purpose for which the entrant specifically opts in and will not be disclosed to any third party except for (a) the purpose of fulfilling the Prize where applicable and (b) for any purpose for which the entrant specifically opts in. Any personal information held by the Organiser in respect of the Contest will be held on record for a reasonable period to fulfill the purpose for which such personal information was collected.
16. The Organisers reserve the right to terminate the Contest or to modify the Contest rules and Terms prior to the Closing Date by amending the rules and Terms hereof at its sole and absolute discretion. Any such modifications shall be notified via HT@Re 1, and such modifications shall be immediately effective and apply to all entries, including entries that have been submitted to the Organiser.
17. The panel of judges for each competition will be comprised of members of the marketing team of a relevant department of HT Media Limited.
18. HT Media Limited may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
19. HT Media Limited will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.