All the anxious students who have been asked to wait for the third merit for their final chance to secure a junior college seat will have to wait for two more days.
A day before the scheduled declaration of the third list, there were 90,818 student application profiles that were yet to be updated into the system.
As a result, the deputy director of education’s office on Friday declared that the third merit list had been delayed to August 3, as the compilation of the data was still incomplete.
“Since there have been many changes in the second list, an updated list was also put on the second day of admissions,” said N.B. Chavan, assistant director of education.
“There was also a delay in compilation because of the surrendering of seats from management and minority quotas.”
The state education department has already started making modest provisions for students who will benefit from the Allowed to Keep Term (ATKT) scheme. Over 80,000 students who have failed in a maximum of two subjects will be allowed to take admission in Class 11 with its implementation.
“So far, 3,160 seats have been sanctioned in around 16 colleges around the city and we are working to make more divisions,” said Chavan. All the extra seats that are being provided for these extra students will be for unaided courses.
The deputy director’s office also declared that the admissions for the students left from the first merit list, ATKT students and those who have been told that they will be incorporated after the third merit list, will be offline or manual.
“We will put up a list of the vacant seats and send the information to the respective colleges,” said Chavan.