Tips for a long flight
Swelling of the feet is a common problem that happens on long flights. So, walk in the aisle at regular intervals and try not to take off your shoes. Read on for more tips.india Updated: Jul 07, 2010 02:33 IST
1. Travel light: Pack as lightly as you can. Use luggage and skybags with wheels, as they are easy to carry and great for the back. Your stuff should be light, too. Try sticking to clothes that aren’t voluminous, like linens and cottons. If it’s woollens you need to carry, make sure they’re basics that will go with most of your ensembles. Leave out the fancy stuff.
2. Swollen feet: Swelling of the feet is a common problem that happens on long flights. So, walk in the aisle at regular intervals and try not to take off your shoes. Avoid uncomfortable footwear, especially high heels.
3. Motion sickness: If you are prone to motion sickness, don’t forget to take an anti-nausea pill before the flight. Remember, the pill won’t help much if you have it after you have started feeling sick. Alternatively, carry candies or mint.
4. Move and stretch: Get up regularly to stretch your legs and arms as much as possible to avoid any kind of stiffness in the body. Also, try some in-seat exercises to keep the blood circulating. These include gentle neck movements and ankle rotation.
5. Keep a change: Dress in layers and pack an extra set of clean clothes in your hand bag when on the plane. Also, make sure you have at least a small toiletry kit with your daily essentials.
6. Music, games and books: Long plane journeys can be really boring. Always carry some source of entertainment, such as fully charged iPods, hand games, meditation tapes, books, magazines or your laptop. Make new friends; you are likely to find many interesting people on board.
7. Travel insurance: Make the most of travel insurance; remember to have your paperwork in place before you take off. If you are clueless. trustworthy travel consultants are often helpful.