Tips for happy feet
The hot and humid spell can be disasterous for the feet — fungal infections, ring worm and athlete’s foot are common complaints during these months. We bring you home remedies.india Updated: Sep 24, 2009 10:38 IST
We bring you home remedies that will help you put your best foot forward.
Says Simi Ghai, beauty expert, Expressions, “Take hot water, mix shampoo and soak your feet in it for a while. Then use a scrapper to remove the dead skin and dirt from your feet. Clip nails and wipe off the dirt hidden within them with a cotton bud or a toothpick. Use a body lotion or any other foot lotion and towel dry.”
For soft and supple feet, you can combine papaya, honey, or sugar and oat bran to make a soft scrub.
If you notice a slight dampness between your toes, use talcum powder, suggests Dr Naresh Arora of Chase Aroma and Skin Care. “If the smell doesn’t bother you, you can put garlic or onion juice too,” he adds.
Tips for a home pedicure
1. Use a separate towel for drying the infected area.
2. Avoid sharing towels and sheets.
3. Try aromatherapy oils like basil, tea tree, rosemary and juniper berry to overcome any swelling and brittle nails.
4. Bathroom tubs and floors should be kept disinfected.
5. Always wear cotton socks and before putting them on, use foot powder between the toes.