Fate is decided by heaven. It is your fate to be born into affluence or poverty, to be the first or third in your family, to be an industrialist’s son, a prince, or a beggar. But to get fame is in your hands.
By making a few changes, you can change the course of your life. Fame and reputation is located in the back middle, or centre space of your house. The element associated with fame is fire and the colour ascribed to it is red.
When this zone is missing, you may be overly concerned with what other people think of you, even suffering from paranoia and low self-esteem.
Arrange a light in the fame sector as this brightens your prospects for becoming well known for what you do or for improving your reputation at workplace and in society.
* Place a fountain or cascade of water outside your front door, preferably on the right-hand side of the door as you enter. This allows good fortune and abundance to flow into your house.
* The front of the house should be open and uncluttered to provide strong yang energy for the house.
* Fuk, Luk and Sau are the three most important house Gods. Fuk is the God of prosperity and good luck, Luk is the God of honour and abundance and Sau is the God of good health and long life. They are always grouped together and are given a place of honour.
* Plants placed strategically can create a protective shield. This could be outdoor to protect the back of the house, or to neutralise a dead corner or indoors.
* Crystals are very popular remedies in feng shui. They disseminate, scatter and activate energies in the house.
* Essential oils enhance the atmosphere. The quality of the air influences the way we feel and how much energy we have, usually without our being aware of it.
* Use green and red in furnishing or paintings.
Raman Datta is a Delhi-based feng shui and vaastu consultant. Call +91-9810155835