Ginger iced tea
3 ounces ginger
6 cups water
1 cup mint leaves
6 green tea bags
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. In a large sauce pan over high heat, combine the ginger and six cups of water and boil.
2. Remove from heat and add the mint (reserving a couple for garnish) and the tea bags. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
3. Strain the liquid into a large pitcher or other container. Add honey and lemon juice. Stir.
4. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve in tall glasses over ice cubes, with extra mint leaves. Makes 6 servings.
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups grape juice
1/2 fresh lemon, sliced
1/2 fresh orange, sliced
1 small apple or peach, cut into wedges
4 cups club soda
1. In a large pitcher, combine orange juice, sugar and grape juice.
2. Add all cut fruit. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Refrigerate until cool. Add club soda or seltzer just before serving. Makes at least 8 servings.
1/2 ripe mango, peeled, cut and diced
1 2/3 ounces carrot juice
1 2/3 ounces pineapple juice
1 2/3 ounces fresh orange juice
Fresh lemon juice, ice cubes
Orange slice for garnish
1. Put mango pieces into blender. Add juices and a scoop of ice cubes. Blend.
2. Using lid to stop ice tumbling into glass, pour mixture into a goblet filled with fresh ice. Fill to three quarters.
3. Add water to dilute mixture to taste. Stir.
4. Garnish with a slice of orange. Makes 1 serving.
1 ounce lime juice, 1 dash grenadine, 1 dash bitters
Club soda, lime
1. Add juice, grenadine and bitters to ice-filled old-fashioned glass. Top with club soda.
2. Stir and garnish with a long twist of lime.