Tragedy strikes Indian family in Bahrain | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Tragedy strikes Indian family in Bahrain

A 13-year-old Indian boy who had earlier in the day celebrated his birthday, and his mother, were electrocuted to death at their home on Monday.

india Updated: Oct 09, 2007 13:18 IST

A 13-year-old Indian boy and his mother were electrocuted to death at their home in Bahrain.

Clement Babu, who had earlier in the day celebrated his birthday, and his mother, Suma Abraham, 44, collapsed in the bathroom on Monday evening.

A friend of the family said the teenager was taking a shower when he screamed in agony after touching the tap. Hearing his cries, his mother went to the bathroom and collapsed after touching her son, Gulf Daily News reported.

Suma's husband, Edayaparambil Thomas Babu, who runs a hardware business close to his home, arrived shortly afterwards and found the two lying in the bathroom.

He too suffered a mild electric shock but his condition was described to be stable. He was discharged later and was said to be in deep shock at his brother's house in Salmaniya.

Indian Ambassador Balkrishna Shetty arrived at the mortuary after he was informed of the tragedy and made enquiries about the incident.

Shetty promised he would look into allegations that there was negligence on the part of the hospital which led to the death of the two.