THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/CONTESTANTS OF THE “Travel Across the World in 5 Questions Contest” HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “CONTEST”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LIMITED (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. The Contest period is as follows: 19 January, 2011 to 31 January, 2011
2. Employees of HTML, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
3. To participate, readers will have to answer all 5 questions correctly along with Name, Contact Number,e-mail and Complete postal address.
4. Only those entries, which are received by HTML, shall be considered for the contest and HTML shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries.
5. HTML shall not be responsible for alteration or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control.
6. HTML shall not be liable for system/server failures. Neither can HTML be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any of the third parties involved in the contest.
7. HTML reserves the right without prior notice to access, read preserves and/or disclose the personal information of the user if the same is required in connection with this contest.
8. 1 winner would be chosen through our editorial team and would be awarded with a 3 day trip to Goa paid by Expedia , where in the winner will have to pay for his/her travel along with the person that they are taking along. The winners stay , breakfast and Taxes would be paid by Expedia only. Any other tips, using the Minnie bar or any other charges would be born by the winners.
9. Decision of HTML with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners
10. Only the winners shall be informed by HTML and the details shall be sent via MOBILE Number provided at the time of registration of the contest. Non-receiving of calls shall result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
11. The winners shall be required to produce/submit photo identity/address proof as and when required by HTML. The winners may be required to sign the Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified immediately from the contest.
12. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the respective prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business.
13. HTML holds no responsibility or liability in case HTML is unable to inform the winner of his/her win due to non availability / wrong number or any other reason within a period of 30 days from holding of the event, having made despite h best efforts. In such a case HTML shall not be liable to proof the efforts made in this regard.
14. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
15. Prizes shall not be substituted for cash, either in whole or in part, at any stage of the Contest. The prizes shall be non negotiable and non transferable. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, HTML reserves the sole right to offer an alternative prize of the same value.
16. This contest cannot be clubbed with any other contest.
17. Any levies, duties and taxes, wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the offer.
18. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while availing the offer.
19. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept the prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize, HTML shall have the absolute discretion deal with such prize as it deems fit.
20. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the contest.
21. Participants/winners may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
22. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
23. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.
24. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
25. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
26. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the Contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the proceedings of such arbitration shall be in English Language only.
27. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
28. HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
29. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.
30. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Expedia Hotel Booking Terms & Conditions
* Prize Offer is a 2 night / 3 Days stay at 4 star hotel in Goa
* The package includes Suite accommodation for 02 adults & 02 kids (below the age of 8 years) + daily breakfast + all relevant hotel taxes
* Kids above the age of 8 years will be charged extra
* The hotel stay can be availed between 26th November 2010 – 31st January 2011
* This offer is not valid for the peak period of 26th December 2010 – 03rd January 2011
* Package cannot be transferred or amended. Cannot be redeemed for cash / refund
* Any additional costs of mini bar, laundry, health club, meals etc of personal consumption will have to be borne by the winner and settled directly at the hotel check out
* Usual booking terms and conditional apply and all bookings are subject to availability
* Expedia.co.in is the promoter of this offer
* Expedia.co.in reserves the right to vary these conditions of use or to withdraw the offer at any time
The booking and stay is with in period open from 26th nov till 31 jan 2011 (except for the peak xmas and new years period that has surcharge and thus will not be included)
Any excesses during the above mentioned season will have to be born by the contest winners, Expedia or HTML will not be responsible for this.