Don't you wish you could personalise your browser as per your likings? As Google's browser baby turns two, here are 5 tried and tested tricks that will help you to get the most out of Chrome, Mashable reported.
1. Open multiple pages or sites at startup: Instead of just one boring homepage, you can open as many sites or pages as you want at start up.
Here's how: Click on the wrench icon on the top right of your browser window and select 'Options'. Under the 'Basic' tab check the box which says "on startup… open the following pages." When you click 'Add', a list of recently browsed sites will appear to choose from, or you can manually enter a URL.
2. Pin a tab on Chrome: If you regularly use for a site in one session, then you can pin a tab in Chrome which in turn lets you shrink the window to a favicon. It also prevents tabs from getting lost.
Here's how: Right-click on the tab you want to pin and hit "Pin tab." If you want to enlarge the tab, right-click and hit "Pin tab" again.
3. Turn your favourite webite in to 'Desktop App': Want fast access to your favourite site? With Chrome you can turn site into a desktop app.
Here's how: Choose the site you want to desktop-ize, select 'Tools' and click on "Create application shortcuts." Opt for desktop and you will see an icon for the site appear on your desktop display. Later, all you have to do is double click on the icon and voila!
4. Use Chrome as a calculator: You can use the Chrome URL bar as a basic calculator. Instead of loading a calculator, you can just type your query in the omnibox and the result will automatically show. This can also be used for unit conversions.
5. Use aurofill to complete our address: Tired of typing your address over and over again then Chrome's Autofill option is the best option for you. Autofill remembers it and saves you the extra effort.
Here's how: To activate the feature, select 'Options,' click on 'Personal Stuff,' and choose 'AutoFill options.' Then add your address manually and you will never have to type your address manually again.