Two schoolgirls died after allegedly eating mid-day meal at a state-run school in Sitamarhi district, officials said on Thursday.
Sangeeta, a standard four student, and standard one girl, Neelu, ate mid-day meal in the school under Runnisayedpur block and fell sick when they reached home last evening, they said.
The duo were soon hospitalised at a primary health centre at Harsinghpur where Sangeeta died last night, while Neelu succumbed this morning.
The families have alleged that the deaths occurred because of the "poisonous food" they had at the school.
When contacted, Sitamarhi District Magistrate V N Jha confirmed the deaths but said the cause would be ascertained only after autopsy.