The USA consulate in Hyderabad is tight-lipped on the incident in which a 30-year-old US national was allegedly raped by an unidentified person at her residence.
The victim has been working with Clinton Foundation as a nutritionist.
When contacted the USA consulate said they are aware of the incident and cannot comment.
"We are aware of the report. We cannot comment or provide any further details at this point of time," a consulate official said in a message sent to PTI.
According to sources close to the Consulate, the USA Embassy did not receive any official information either from the Indian Government or the victim.
The city police booked a case under Section 376 of IPC (rape case) and are investigating the matter.
The victim on Thursday in a police complaint alleged that she was raped by an unidentified person at her residence in posh Banjara Hills area here.
She also alleged that the molester robbed Rs five lakh from the residence, the police said.
Based on the description of the suspect given by the victim the police has launched a manhunt.
The women is said to have been staying in the same place since October last year.
Two special teams have been set up to nab the suspect, Banjara Hills inspector Sudarshan said.
Niloufer Hospital (government), where the victim has been sent for a medical examination, submitted its report, the police today said.
However, the details of the report are not known.