Indore: Police arrest wife, lover for murder of former Cipla executive

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Indore
  • Updated: Jun 24, 2016 16:23 IST
Murder accused Anjali. (HT photo)

The Indore police said on Thursday that former senior executive of Cipla, Yashpal Singh Bisht, was murdered by his wife and her lover whom she met on Facebook.

Police said that the accused Karan Singh along with two accomplices came to Indore from Kota murdered Bisht.

Police have arrested Singh and Bisht’s wife Anjali and are on the lookout for the two accomplices, said Kalyan Chakrabathy, Indore superintendent of police (west).

Police said that Singh promised to pay Rs 5 lakh to his accomplices to kill Singh.

“Bisht married Anjali about six years back after a long affair. Bisht joined Cipla in Indore and then difference arose between the couple,” said SP Chakrabathy.

“Bisht called Anjali to Indore but she went to Deharadun to live with her brother-in-law, citing health problem. She was apparently suffering from a heart ailment.”

Anjali met Karan on Facebook

The SP further said that when Anjali went to Dehardun, she met Karan on Facebook and they became friends. They chatted on WhatsApp and since Karan was from the same city they both became close family friends. “They later developed a close relationship,” he said.

Though Bisht knew about the friendship he was not suspicious as Singh was married with two children. Singh worked with a furniture company and used to visit Dehardun frequently, the SP said.

When Bisht came to know about the relationship he decided to live with Anjali

“About a month back, Bisht came to know about the relationship and resigned from Cipla and got a job in Dehradun and decided to live with Anjali. This rattled both Anjali and Singh who then they decided to kill Bisht.”

Bisht was to join a new company in Dehradun on July 1, and was to leave Indore on June 28.

“According to Singh’s confession, on the day of murder, he came to Indore along with two of his accomplices and reached Bisht’s flat around midnight. The trio strangled Bisht and fled to Kota on Monday morning,” the SP said.

Police retrieved the mobile call records of the suspects and first Anjali and then Singh confessed having murdered Bisht, he added.

also read

Bus cleaner in Barwani jailed for 3 months for winking at minor
Show comments