Boy electrocuted in Rajasthan | jaipur | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 15, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Boy electrocuted in Rajasthan

A 15-year-old boy was electrocuted on Sunday and three others sustained burns when they came in touch with a high-voltage wire passing over their private hostel in Rajasthan's Sawai Madhopur district, police said.

jaipur Updated: Jul 16, 2012 07:30 IST

A 15-year-old boy was electrocuted on Sunday and three others sustained burns when they came in touch with a high-voltage wire passing over their private hostel in Rajasthan's Sawai Madhopur district, police said.

The incident took place at Komal Hostel situated in Gangapur town of the district, some 180 km from Jaipur.

"Rajkumar Meena, a Class 10 student from Madhya Pradesh, died on the spot, while three others sustained burns," said a police official.

"A total of 35 school students lived in the hostel. Some students were trying to get water to the hostel's ground floor from a water tank on the roof using an iron pipe. Their pipe touched the overhead wire resulting in the incident," said the official.