A major fire broke out in an electric product manufacturing unit in Malviya Nagar industrial area here on Monday. The two-storey factory building of Veto Electric Power was gutted in the fire.
The fire broke out at around 5pm. Efforts were on to control fire till the report was filed. Over 15 fire engines were called to douse the flames. A wall of the building had completely collapsed due to the fire. The damages are still to be assessed.
According to the police, the reasons for the fire are still to be ascertained. No casualties were reported in the incident. The factories and other industrial units nearby were immediately evacuated.
“Investigation in the case will start once the fire is controlled,” said the police. Sources claimed that the fire broke out when the sparks from the welding work on the first floor came in contact with the paper cartons.