Pilot dares BJP to act against Robert Vadra in land deal case
State Congress president Sachin Pilot on Sunday dared the BJP government to act against Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, if it had any evidence against him on the land deal case in state.jaipur Updated: May 04, 2014 23:30 IST
State Congress president Sachin Pilot on Sunday dared the BJP government to act against Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, if it had any evidence against him on the land deal case in state.
“Why don’t they act if there is any evidence against him? Since they came to power they have done nothing. The collector has submitted a report that is collecting dust. It’s a bogey they raised before the elections,” Pilot said.
BJP leaders in the state and at the national level have threatened that Vadra will be probed for “illegal” land deals. Vadra is accused of having illegally brought thousands of acres of land in Barmer, Jaisalmer and Bikaner near power grid substations, facilitated by the former Congress government.
Pilot said former chief minister Ashok Gehlot has clarified that there was no wrongdoing in any land deals during his tenure, whether pertaining to Vadra or any other individual.
“A private citizen is free to do business anywhere in the country, It should not be misused for political purposes,” said Pilot. He added that there were no complaints against Vadra.
With the election process in Rajasthan ending, Pilot plans to turn his attention to reviving and revamping the organization in the coming months. There are changes in the offing in the Congress party and the focus will be on the youth.
“We will put together a young and strong team ahead of the coming local elections. The team will be a balanced mix of youngsters and seniors. We have to use the experience of the seniors but for carrying out a struggle youngsters are needed.”
Regarding the reinduction of those workers and leaders who were suspended for anti-party activity after the assembly polls, Pilot said no one had been taken back without the consent of the Lok Sabha candidates. He indicated that disciplinary action might be in the offing against some of those facing complaints.