With the deadly H1N1 influenza (swine flu) claiming six lives this year, Rajasthan health department has issued an alert to all chief medical and health officers and directed them to step up measures to prevent the spread of seasonal influenza in the state.
The department has constituted task forces at the state, district and block levels to review the preparedness for tackling the seasonal influenza. Besides, rapid response teams have been formed to conduct door-to-door survey to identify swine flu positive patients and check the spread of the disease.
A total of six people have succumbed to the H1N1 flu, including two each in Churu and Jaipur, and one each in Sikar and Kota, while 42 were tested positive between January 1 and 13 for the deadly flu. During the same period last year, seven had succumbed to the H1N1 influenza, while 19 people were found positive for the disease. In 2014, there were neither positive cases nor any deaths.
“Two door-to-door surveys will be conducted within a gap of seven days and reports of both will be submitted,” said Dr Sunil Singh, health department official.
Doctors in all district hospitals across the state and three nursing staff from each district hospital have been trained for using ventilators, he said.
Recently, health minister Rajendra Rathore had asked all chief medical and health officers for mapping of health facilities available in all government and private hospitals to deal with any disaster.