Man charred to death

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Hoshiarpur
  • |
  • Updated: Sep 16, 2013 16:58 IST

A 60-year-old man was burnt alive as a diesel operated spray pump caught fire in Nainowal Dhugge village on Sunday night.

The deceased has been identified as Harbhajan Singh of Chakkowal Shiekhan village. He worked as caretaker in the fields of one Vijay Kaushal in nearby Chakkowal Shiekhan village.

As per information, when Kaushal went to his farm on Monday morning, he noticed smoke and burning smell emitting from the room which was locked from inside. With the help of villagers and Bulhowal police, he broke the room and found Harbhajan dead.

The spray pump, electric wiring and other belongings in the room had been charred. Since there was no electricity in the area due to thunder storm, it led police to believe that the fire had been caused either by a candle or a 'biri'. The body was handed over to the kin after the post mortem.


also read

No rule of law in Punjab, says Sucha Singh Chhotepur

blog comments powered by Disqus