Goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in a fire in a plastic goods making factory, BR Forging Industry, at the Basti Danishmanda area on Tuesday morning.
A fire department spokesperson said that they were informed of the fire at around 7:30 am, following which three fire tenders were rushed to spot. It took about an hour-and-a-half for the team to douse the fire.
SHO division number 5, Rajinder Kumar, said that Bodh Raj Shoor, the owner of the factory, said that the police had received a complaint. Prima facie, short circuit in the electricity wires in the factory appeared to have caused the fire.