Family of those killed by reds could get jobs | kolkata | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 07, 2016-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Family of those killed by reds could get jobs

kolkata Updated: Feb 01, 2012 12:08 IST
Koushik Dutta
Koushik Dutta
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

The kins of those who were killed by the Maoists might get job in government offices. Though the state government had not officially declared that yet, but had asked the district administration to send them the data of the families mentioning the academic qualification and age of the family members.

And, after getting such instruction the West Midnapore district administration had not only started to prepere the list, but also the process of sending the list to the state government had.

"We are only told to make the data of the families who were killed by the Maoists in different time and will send that to the state administration. They will make the policy. We are taking the details of the families including their age, educational qualification and other necessary details and the data would be sent through the district administration", Praveen Tripathi, superintendent of police in the district said to HT.

In her last visit at Jhargram, on 12 January, the chief minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee beside annoucing some projects and distributing pattas and 'Vivek Puraskar' also had distributed cheques to the family members of those who were killed by the reds. "Total 5 lakh rupess are given to the families as compensation who are killed by the Maoists. On that day chief minister had distributed the cheques of one lakh for the each deceased and that was distributed to the kins of the killed. At that time, some widows of the killed had requested the chief minister to take some steps for them so that they can live in a good way. And after those family members had told the chief minister about the matter, she told us to make the list collecting data about the age, academic qualification and category of the family and to send the list to her", a senoir offical of district administration told.

On that day chief minister had gave cheques to 57 persons of 22 families and the district adminstration had made the first list of the families and sources suggested the first list had been send to the chief minister office. "In the district more than 350 people had been killed by the Maoists and we will make the data of all the families", the officals had informed.

Though the process of giving the compensation to such families was started in the time of previous government, but there was no any thinking to give job to the family members who were killed by the rebels. "We do not know what will be done with the data as the policy would be taken by the state government. But, there is possibilty that the kins of the families might get job now", an offical told.