A fire broke out in an operation theatre of West Bengal's largest state-run super-speciality S.S.K.M. hospital here Wednesday morning. There were, however, no casualties.
Panic gripped patients and their families in the gynaecology ward after smoke billowed out of the operation theatre on the second floor of the department at about 9.20 am.
Two fire tenders rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control after 15 minutes, police said.
An electrical short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire.
SSKM hospital is the state's only referral hospital.