At least 126 people fell sick because of food poisoning in Tripura on Tuesday and were admitted to two government hospitals, officials said.
“The patients included women and children and were admitted to government hospitals in Kanchanpur and Dharmanagar in northern Tripura on Tuesday night. They fell ill after eating prasad after a puja at Dasda village,” chief medical officer Dilip Das said. The village is about 215 km north of Agartala.
“The condition of all 126 is now stable,” Das said.
Two medical teams and additional nursing staff have been rushed to Kanchanpur to succour the ailing people. Local Communist Party of India Marxist legislator, Rajendra Reang, has been supervising the services extended to the sick villagers.