Youthful exuberance was on full display during Hansraj College’s annual festival, Confluence, which took place on February 15 and 16. The fest saw many enthusiastic Delhi University students, who came from different colleges to the venue. A variety of competitions and performances were lined up during these two days.
Here’s who won
The street play competition saw acts highlighting the issues of social evils such as corruption, communalism, gender harassment and more. Another interesting event was the mock IPL bidding that saw students bidding for the best team under a given budget. Although the rains did play spoilsport and a couple of events were cancelled, the crowd didn’t seem to lose hope, as DJ Barkha Kaul made them groove to some rocking numbers.
The festival concluded with a power-packed performance by the UK-based Punjabi band, RDB (Rhythm, Dhol, Bass). The group got the crowd on its toes, as they belted out their hits, which included songs like Saddi Gali, Aloo Chat, Paisa Paisa etc.
1. Contours (Choreography competition) — Kirori Mal College
2. Naach (Western dance competition) — First prize: Verve (Venkateswara College) and Zeal (Maitreyi College), Second Prize: Zenith (Daulat Ram College), Third Prize: Afroza (Indraprastha College for Women)
3. Case Study, Business Competition — First Prize: Dinank Chitkara and Monil Gupta (Hansraj College), Second Prize: Waras Singh and Ayushi (Hansraj College)
4. IPL Bidding — First Prize: Rahul Sharma, Second Prize: Saurabh Banerjee
5. Solo Song — First Prize: Udit Singh (Hansraj College), Second Prize Anubhav Sharma (SGBT Khalsa College)
6. Street Play — First Prize: Shivaji College, Second Prize: Lady Shri Ram College, Third Prize: SGTB Khalsa College