If there is one thing Chetan 'India's Biggest Storyteller' Bhagat has achieved this morning, it's the buzz around the title (and the synopsis, come on!) of his next book-that-will-surely-be-a-movie following a full page ad in a national daily.
So, what really is a half girlfriend? Is it a bird, a plane, or a Twitter trend meant to be?
Before we explore the possibilities, a quick flash back (no, don't run!) of Half Girlfiend's (now famous) cover and synopsis that deeply confused us.
Now let us deconstruct, shall we?
1. A half girlfriend could be something that brings together other literary halves. You know, like a missing puzzle?
2. Or pure genius of a sadistic writer.
3. An 'Indian culture' edition to the concept of a girlfriend?
And them 'adorable' Bollywood-ishtyle stalkers.
4. That the girlfriend isn't a biological female.
5. That the other half will appear in the next book! PRE-ORDER NOW! *cough*
Of course, this could happen too.
6. A reference to the age old glass that's half full-half empty.
7. A marketing strategy to make his reader buy two books a time! (You don't say)
8. A mathematical puzzle!
9. A half explanation (because pictures speak louder than words)
10. A nonsensical literary masterpiece. Remember jabberwocky from Alice in Wonderland?
Okay no, we're kidding.