Green eye makeup is the next big thing this summer, with many celebrities vouching for it. Actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan opted for green eye makeup at her recent Cannes appearance.
Read: This is how you go green, stay trendy
Giving you a break from routine black and brown eyeliners, the shade of green will refresh your daily look. It will not only pep up your face, but highlight your eyes, too. The best thing about this colour is that it goes well with every skin tone and all eye shades.
There are many ways to play with it. You can use a neutral shade of eyeliner, such as black or brown on top and green eyeliner at the bottom like Eva Mendes. You can also use black at the top and bottom both, and apply green eyeshadow the way Aishwarya and popstar Miley Cyrus have applied. You can also take inspiration from the smokey green eyes of actor Lupita Nyong’o.
Read: Make-up tips for dusky women
Style it right
* Green eye makeup looks great on Indians, as they usually have dark brows and eyes, and this colour compliments it really well. However, do not use other clashing colours, lest your look becomes too overwhelming. Keep the rest of your makeup subtle. Use peachish-brown blush-on that matches with your skin tone to sculpt your cheek bones. Keep lips nude or add just a touch of gloss.
* When going for coloured liners, keep the rest of your look simple. Donft go for an elaborate hair do or a statement neckpiece.
* To make green eye makeup more dramatic, you can use fake eyelashes. You can also go for green smokey eyes for special occasions.
* When going for green eyeshadow, make sure you blend it properly. It should be just a subtle wash over your eyelid. Always apply the eyeshadow before the eyeliner.
* Use a primer before putting on the liner. It will ensure that your eyeliner doesnft smudge or smear throughout the day. You can also dab some translucent powder over the liner to make it stay all day. If you are not a pro, itfs always a good idea to use eye pencils instead of liquid liners.
(With inputs by Kanchan Mehra, beauty expert)