Selfie trend has taken over social media, and it somehow propels everyone to look photo-ready all of the time. But a latest research shows that 68% women feel negative about photos of themselves that haven’t been enhanced by a photographic filter.
A research conducted by a cosmetic giant says that a majority of women confess to feeling exposed, under-confident and unattractive before a filter is applied.
Women say that the most important change a filter makes to a selfie is to hide flaws and wrinkles, or that it helps achieve a better skin tone. So nearly half the female population now uses filters on their selfies and this rises sharply to 67% among girls under 25 years of age.
“The no-filter trend perfectly sums up this summer’s minimal makeup look. It’s about ‘come as you are’ informality and being the best possible version of yourself but without looking like you’ve tried,” says UK-based celebrity makeup artist, Florrie White.
To help ensure you’re looking your best for your selfie, professional makeup artist, Sarah Jagger, reveals her top tips and makeup essentials so you can capture a flawless look whatever the occasion.
* Avoid heavy textured SPF creams beneath your makeup as they can make you look washed out.
* Using a mattifying makeup primer on the T-zone will eliminate sweaty looking shine in photos.
* Black mascara is more eye brightening than brown or coloured because it creates a contrast with the whites of your eyes.
* Keep eyebrows full.
* Use a liquid illuminator in strategic places.
* Make your lashes look longer with a liquid liner applied under the upper lashline.