Applications for New Year bashes pouring in for admn’s permission

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Lucknow
  • Updated: Dec 30, 2014 12:31 IST

The district administration has received scores of applications from restaurants, clubs, lounges and hotels, requesting permission to host New Year Eve parties on December 31.

Sources in the district administration said they had already received 23 applications for New Year bashes and the number was expected to go up to 45 in the next two days, as applicants were still pouring in. All these parties would be granted permission to serve drinks and impose entry tickets only if the organisers make strict security arrangements at the venue. The entertainment tax department is also expected to keep an eye on all the events where an entry charge has been imposed.

Organisations like MB club, Chancellor club, Taj Hotel, Piccadilly and Scorpio Club have already taken permission to host New Year bashes.

Additional district magistrate (east) Nidhi Srivastava said all event organisers must approach the district administration for permission before holding any parties.

Most of the big hotels and clubs in the city have imposed entry tickets ranging from Rs. 500 to Rs. 5,000 per person and even then the ticket allows access to the entertainment programme and dinner only. Drinks are served free only on premium tickets. No hotels would be allowed to serve drinks after 11 pm.

However, organisers said they were facing a number of hassles despite not having entry tickets for their events. “Even if entry is free, we have to fill a detailed and very confusing form, plus go through all the procedures unnecessarily,” said an organiser.

also read

Shivpal offers resignation to quell Yadav family feud, Akhilesh skips SP meet
Show comments