Lokayukta justice (retired) NK Malhotra, who has launched investigations into the corruption allegations against minister for mines Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, on Tuesday issued notices to the minister’s wife, two sons and a contractor associated with him.
While refusing to allow withdrawal of complaint against the minister, the lokayukta had made it clear that probe would continue on the basis on available material against the accused minister.
In the context, notices have been issued to wife Maharaji, sons Anil and Anurag and a contractor Pintoo Yadav.
Sources said that while minister’s family members have been asked to appear before the lokayukta on January 8, the contractor has been asked to file reply on January 15 about his role in the minister’s colonising company.
Sources said that notices have also been issued to principal secretary (mining) and director (geology and mining). They have been asked to appear before the lokayukta on January 9 and 12 respectively.
Last week, the complainant Om Shankar Dwivedi had filed an affidavit seeking withdrawal of the case as he was not in a position to provide more evidences in the case.
The lokayukta, however, turned down the request and said that there was no provision of withdrawal of the case and investigation would proceed with whatever information was available on records.
Apart from seeking reply from minister’s wife and sons, the lokayukta has sought to know Pintoo Yadav’s business complicity with the minister.
Dwivedi, in his complaint, had mentioned names of five companies in which Prajapati, wife and son were directors. The complaint running into 1,727 pages contained information of properties belonging to the minister and his kins in Lucknow, Amethi and Mohanlalganj.
The minister had been allegedly accused of amassing huge wealth by misusing his office.
Speaking to media, the minister once again rebutted the charges against him.
Claiming that the case was politically motivated because he was a backward class leader, Prajapati said complainant had moved the probe agency for the withdrawal of the case.
The minister said that charges of ` 900 crore worth properties were concocted. Claiming that he had been regularly filing his IT returns, he also refuted the charge of his properties in the name of his relatives. The minister had also accused the BJP of maligning his image.