The Uttar Pradesh government today said the Jaunpur court had not asked the police to lodge an FIR against four Cabinet ministers in connection with alleged blasphemous content published in a magazine.
"The Chief Judicial Magistrate has only asked the police to lodge a case in connection with derogatory article published in the magazine and investigate it and there was no mention of any minister," a government spokesman said in a statement issued here.
He said the order was passed on an application moved before the court in connection with blasphemous content published in May edition of the magazine.
"As per orders of the court, required legal action will be taken by police," the spokesman said.
He said the government had already ordered a CB-CID probe into the matter on May 18.