Reward on two more Nandi attackers | lucknow | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 04, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Reward on two more Nandi attackers

lucknow Updated: Jul 31, 2010 10:44 IST
Manish
Manish
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

The state government has declared a reward of Rs 1 lakh each on Purshottam Dubey and Manoj Kumar Pandey, both residents of Allahabad, wanted in connection with the attack on former UP minister Nand Gopal Gupta 'Nandi' on July 12.

Brij Lal, the additional director general of police (ADG) said on Thursday that the reward was declared on Pandey and Dubey, as they were hardcore criminals, involved in several cases of heinous crime. He said, those who give authentic information about these criminals would be rewarded. While Dubey hails Duawal village, Manoj is a resident of village Budauna, Allahabad.

A reward of Rs 2.5 lakh has already been declared on Rajesh Pilot, the man who is believed to have executed the attack on Nandi. With the Chief Minister Mayawati monitoring the progress in the investigations herself, the top cops not willing to take any chances, have rushed a STF team to Maharashtra to probe whether Nandi's attackers had any links with underworld don Chota Rajan as well as to track down Pilot, who the cops believe may have taken shelter either in Mumbai or Pune. Vijay Mishra, a SP legislator from Bhadohi, also wanted in the case too is on the run.

A police team, tracking down the owner of the scooty, on which the explosive was stored, had already been to Madhya Pradesh to get some leads about those who owned the vehicle.