In view of the High Court verdict in Title suit in Babri Masjid-Ramjanma Bhoomi likely to be delivered by mid-September, the state government has chalked out an elaborate security action plan to avoid any untoward incident.
While DGP Karamvir Singh has issued circular cancelling leave of police personnel, the government has also directed the civil servants posted in field to avoid taking leave.
The issue cropped up at the administrative officers' conference in Lucknow on August 18 in which Chief Minister Mayawati told the officers that anti-riot machinery should be well-oiled and all preventive measures should be taken by August-end. The chief minister has also fixed the joint responsibility of the DMs and SPs to maintain law and order.
Even though the state government had sought nearly 350 companies of the central security forces to further boost the plan, there was so far no response from the Centre in this regard.
Meanwhile, Lucknow DIG Rajeev Krishna has also asked cops to remain alert and identify sensitive spots in the district in view of the judgment. The DIG issued these directives in the meeting with all the police station in charges and circle officers held on Thursday.
The Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) and the STF have decided to spread their network following rumours that militant outfits and insurgent groups may strike anywhere in the state soon after the verdict is pronounced.
Several special teams of ATS and STF have been dispatched to various districts, which have been on terror radars. Brij Lal, ADG (Law and Order), said the ATS and STF wings were alerted following the rumours.