State seeks 30% increase in NRHM fund allocation
The state has sought a 30% hike in the NRHM budget for the financial year 2013-14.lucknow Updated: Feb 19, 2013 12:46 IST
The state has sought a 30% hike in the NRHM budget for the financial year 2013-14.
The NRHM governing body met under the chairmanship of chief secretary Javed Usmani on Monday and approved a work plan of Rs 6555.50 crore for the new financial year. To finance the plan, the central government will have to allocate 75% of the funds (Rs 4918 crore). The remaining 25 % (Rs 1638 crore) will come from the state government.
In the financial year 2012-13, the central government allocated Rs 4672.76 crore for the implementation of NRHM in the state. Though the financial year is drawing to a close, the health and family welfare department is yet to utilise the entire funds given for the current year. Nevertheless, the state government wants an increase in the budgetary allocation of the NRHM as the health and family welfare department is keen to strengthen health facilities for the newborn. Under the health action plan, the state government wishes to cover 820 blocks and 52374 villages with 583 mobile medical units. Stressing on implementation of the PCPNDT Act, Usmani said 10 districts in which the male/female ratio was the worst should be covered under the ‘tanker system’. For better monitoring of the act, the health and family welfare department would develop a website. Along with surprise checks at the ultrasound centres, conference and review meetings would be organised in the districts.
The health and family welfare department would send a proposal worth Rs 1.02 crore for setting up tribal health posts in 17 districts. The state health and family welfare institute would be developed as a model one to train the medical officers. In the high focus districts, 100bed maternity wings would be set up in the women hospitals. Medical officers of the additional director and joint director ranks posted in the health directorate would visit the districts to review the progress of the scheme.
A proposal for establishment of intensive care units, counseling centres and vaccination programmes in Japanese Encephalitis affected districts has been sent to the central government. Another proposal for setting up blood storage units and sub-centres in 428 Lohia villages has been also dispatched to the central government.