Uttar Pradesh government admits three dengue deaths | lucknow | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 21, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Uttar Pradesh government admits three dengue deaths

UP minister for medical and health Siddharth Nath Singh said the state government had notified regulations in November 2016 and the regulations were now being enforced to check outbreak of dengue. The doctors treating the patients have to follow laid down protocol. 

lucknow Updated: Jul 14, 2017 13:55 IST
HT Correspondent
State government had provided facility of vaccination in every hospital.
State government had provided facility of vaccination in every hospital.

Uttar Pradesh government admitted in the state assembly that 104 cases of dengue with three deaths had been reported in the state till Tuesday. 

UP minister for medical and health Siddharth Nath Singh said the number of dengue deaths reported in 2015 and 2016 was 10 and 49 respectively. He said the state government had notified regulations in November 2016 and the regulations were now being enforced to check outbreak of dengue. The doctors treating the patients have to follow laid down protocol, he added. 

BSP member Ritesh Pandey had raised the issue through an adjournment motion in the state assembly. Pandey said dengue was turning into an epidemic in the state.

Read more: Most dengue hotspots of Delhi remain unidentified

Singh said the state government would take action against doctors of King George Medical University if the doctors failed to follow the protocol notified for dengue patients. 

Singh said an anti mosquito drive had been launched and 10 beds in every district hospital and five beds in every community health centre had been reserved for dengue patients. He said the state government had provided facility of vaccination in every hospital. Action would be taken against those who prescribed tests outside the hospital, he said.