Lizard found in ketchup gives resident a shock

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Ludhiana
  • |
  • Updated: Jul 05, 2014 10:42 IST

 A lizard was found in the ketchup served at Lodhi Club on Thursday night, creating panic among the members present on the premises.

A club member, who came with his NRI guest, said he asked for ketchup and was shocked on finding a lizard in the bowl. The members complained to the authorities and also called deputy commissioner Rajat Agarwal, a nominated member of the club.

However, the health department remained unmoved with the incident that too in one of the prestigious club in the city. It even did not collect food samples from the spot.

District health officer (DHO) Dr Abnash Kumar said he was not aware of the incident and had not received any complaint.

When asked if the department could collect food samples without any complaint, the DHO said they would soon collect food samples from the club.

As far as checking of food samples is concerned, the main target of the health department remains the small or roadside vendors only, and big hotels, clubs mostly remain untouched.

Lodhi Club’s cultural secretary Pawan Garg said, “Now, no open ketchup will be served at the club, and only branded pouches will be served. Besides, we have served a show-cause notice to the contractor of the club, who has also been asked to be present in the club when the food is served.”

Garg said the club already had in pipeline a proposal to renovate kitchen, which was constructed in 1995. He added, “The tender had been floated and contractor had been selected, but one of the nominated members has not sign it due to which the project is waiting.”



also read

7,000 teachers protest over non-regularisation of jobs in Ludhiana

blog comments powered by Disqus