Delhi MCD Election 2017 Results: Get Delhi Election LIVE News, Results and updates
Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 24, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

MCD elections 2017 results

north delhi
103
103
Party
Win
*Gain/
Loss
  • BJP
    64
    -2
  • AAP
    21
    +19
  • INC
    15
    -13
  • Others
    3
    -5
south delhi
104
104
Party
Win
*Gain/
Loss
  • BJP
    70
    +18
  • AAP
    16
    +11
  • INC
    12
    -25
  • Others
    6
    -4
east delhi
63
63
Party
Win
*Gain/
Loss
  • BJP
    47
    +12
  • AAP
    11
    +11
  • INC
    3
    -22
  • Others
    2
    -2

know your candidate

*Gain/Loss compared to last MCD elections

mcd elections 2017

2017 MCD ELECTIONS

Current mayor

Dr. Sanjeev Nayyar

Polling stations

5170

Voting date

April 23

Results date

April 26

Total seats

104 seats

Seats for majority

53 seats

Major parties

  • BJP
    • No. of candidates:
      99
    • Crorepatis:
      48
    • Avg. age:
      44 years
    • 2012 elections:
      66 seats
  • Congress(INC)
    • No. of candidates:
      96
    • Crorepatis:
      55
    • Avg. age:
      44 years
    • 2012 elections:
      28 seats
  • AAP
    • No. of candidates:
      97
    • Crorepatis:
      32
    • Avg. age:
      42 years
    • 2012 elections:
      2 seats*

Candidate data source is ADR

*AAP did not contest in 2012. It contested for the first time in 2016 bypolls

Current mayor

Shyam Sharma

Polling stations

5074

Voting date

April 23

Results date

April 26

Total seats

104 seats

Seats for majority

53 seats

Major parties

  • BJP
    • No. of candidates:
      98
    • Crorepatis:
      59
    • Avg. age:
      44 years
    • 2012 elections:
      52 seats
  • INC (Congress)
    • No. of candidates:
      98
    • Crorepatis:
      69
    • Avg. age:
      44 years
    • 2012 elections:
      37 seats
  • AAP
    • No. of candidates:
      92
    • Crorepatis:
      34
    • Avg. age:
      39 years
    • 2012 elections:
      5 seats*

Candidate data source is ADR

*AAP did not contest in 2012. It contested for the first time in 2016 bypolls

Current mayor

Satya Sharma

Polling stations

2990

Voting date

April 23

Results date

April 26

Total seats

64 seats

Seats for majority

33 seats

Major parties

  • BJP
    • No. of candidates:
      63
    • Crorepatis:
      29
    • Avg. age:
      44 years
    • 2012 elections:
      35 seats
  • INC (Congress)
    • No. of candidates:
      62
    • Crorepatis:
      39
    • Avg. age:
      46 years
    • 2012 elections:
      25 seats
  • AAP
    • No. of candidates:
      61
    • Crorepatis:
      27
    • Avg. age:
      41 years
    • 2012 elections:
      0 seats

Candidate data source is ADR

MCD election 2017

Delhi has five civic agencies. Out of these, the three civic corporations - north, east and south -- are going to polls on April 23. Together these three corporations provide civic services to 96% of Delhi's area. The other 4% is looked after by New Delhi Municipal Council and Delhi Cantonment Board.