10 things to do in Mumbai this weekend
The best of the weekend, curatedHT48HRS_Special Updated: Aug 05, 2016 13:12 IST
The best of the weekend, curated
1. Maati Baani live: Music duo Nirali and Karthik will perform The Music Yantra, a collaborative album created with the help of 50 Indian and international artists from 20 countries.
Blue Frog, Zeba Centre, Mathuradas Mill Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel; Call: 6158 6158; Entry: Rs 350 onwards (after 9pm)
2. Curry and cocktail Festival: Choose from 14 types of curries from around the world: Filipino curry, Jamaican curry and Mongolian curry. It goes on. Pair with cocktails like spiced grass, smooth monk and hot toddy.
Bombay Vintage, opposite Regal Cinema, Indian Mercantile Mansion, Regal Circle, Madame Cama Road, Colaba; Call: 6944 4123; Price: Rs 395 onward
3. Kaagaz ki Kashti film screening: Discover the journey of the late ghazal singer, Jagjit Singh. Directed by Brahmanand Siingh, the film stars Mahesh Bhatt, Subhash Ghai and Pankaj Udhas, among others.
Little Theatre, NCPA, NCPA Marg, Nariman Point; Call: 3989 5050; Entry: Free
4. Art exhibition inspired by Keats: The show celebrates 8 years of The LOFT. Titled A Thing of Beauty, it features works by Sumakshi Singh, Prajakta Palav, and Sarika Bajaj. The underlying themes is the poetry of John Keats.
The Loft, C/o New Mahalaxmi Silk Mills, Mathuradas Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Century Mills, Lower Parel; Call: 97694 57917; Entry: Free
5. Kahanikar (Makrand Deshpande talk): Listen to theatre and film actor, Makarand Deshpande, talk about the history of storytelling and poetry.
Title Waves, St Paul’s Media Complex, opposite Durelo Convent School, 24th Road, off Turner Road, Bandra (W); Call: 2651 0841; Entry: Free
6. Rapid Rush obstacle race, river rafting: Take part in the fourth edition of the obstacle race, and go river rafting in Kolad in the rapids of the Kundalika River. Later, enjoy live music by Ferry Tales.
Kalanagar Bus Stop, Bandra (E) (first pick-up point); Call: 98208 19844; Price: Rs. 3,500
7. Inter_rupted Aditi Mangaldas dance performance”: Aditi Mangaldas combines kathak with western music and contemporary dance. After this premiering show, they tour Europe.
Jamshed Bhabha Theatre, NCPA, NCPA Marg, Nariman Point; Call: 3989 5050; Ticket: Rs 300 onward
8. Irish Breakfast : Pick from thyme waffles or cherry tomato fondue, mandarin pancakes, smoked sausages, black olives frittata, or Irish breakfast stews infused with beer.
Irish House, Shop No. 7, A Wing, Gasper Enclave, Palinaka, Bandra (W); Call: 2640 0166; Price: Rs 495 onward
9. Food from Balochistan (My Forgotten Baloch): Try dishes off a menu inspired by the Bhagnari community (from Balochistan, Pakistan). Try kheema kaleji, arbi tuk, and pappad churra. Finish with dry fruit sewai mithai or gulab shahi tukda.
TGFC Kitchen, Navjeevan Society , opposite KJ Khilani High School , Mori Road , Mahim (W); Call: 88799 22831; Price: Rs 1,200
10. International Print Exchange Program 2016: The exhibition of 500 graphic prints showcases the works of artists from USA, UK, China, Nepal, and Spain.
The Art Hub, Atria mall, 3rd floor, opposite Poonam Chambers, Dr AB road, Worli; Call: 6625 1333; Entry: Free