Force India drivers to be announce soon

  • PTI, Mumbai
  • |
  • Updated: Dec 09, 2007 20:38 IST

Formula One team Force India, co-owned by liquor baron Vijay Mallaya, is likely to announce its drivers for the 2008 season in the next two weeks.

Mallya denied he was disappointed when former Toyota driver Ralf Schumacher reportedly said he would not like to join the team, and said the driver had gone to the testing session in Jereze in southern Spain as a friend.

"Ralf came to test and not to compete for a seat in the team. He said what he had to and it's fine by me," Mallaya, who was in the city to launch the Kingfisher Calender, said.

"We will announce the drivers for the team in the next two weeks," he said.

Former Renault driver Giancarlo Fischella, who was present at the testing, has reportedly expressed interest in joining the Force India team and 24-year old German driver Adrian Sutil is also reported to be in contention for a driver's seat in the team.

Drivers Vitantonio Liuzzi, Frank Montagny, Christian Klien, Roldan Rodriguez and Giedo van der Garde had also participated in testing.

Speaking about the testing session in Spain, Mallaya said he was happy with his team which clocked timings which were the seventh and ninth fastest.

"We did well and were just one second behind the Ferrari team in timings," he said.

Mallaya, who had taken over the Spyker F1 team earlier this year after which it was renamed, said he would also be aiming to bring Formula One cars of the team to India for people to see them.

 

also read

Canadian GP worker killed in crane accident

blog comments powered by Disqus